Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cat Cuff

When life gives you lemons make lemonade. 

So I had a craft fail!!!!  I was going to make a necklace from an old knit shirt.  I saw a really neat crochet cuff added that someone else made and loved it.  Since I don't crochet I thought I would use a sweater cuff.  Well I put it together and it was totally not what I pictured in my head.  It was HORRIBLE!
  So instead of a cool necklace I took my fail and made a cat toy that my cats LOVE!

So I thought I would share with  you my fail that turned out cool in case you wanted to make a fun toy for your cats also.

Cut a cuff off an old sweater.
Add pieces of a shirt to the cuff:  I cut 3 strips into 1" strips
( I cut off all the other strips I originally had sewm on for my necklace)
Braid the pieces together and make a long "tail" for cats to chase and play with.

Ruth and Naomi are loving it :)

(Ruth didn't feel like posing tonight but sends her love!)

Blessings,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment